Fried meatballs Köttbullar IKEA with cream sauce
Energy 1088 kJ (260 kcal) 13 %
Sugar 1.11 g 1 %
Fats 22.61 g 32 %
Saturates 15 g 75 %
Sodium 0.233 g 10 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
There is not a garlic in them, not even a pinch of marjoram, but the taste has attracted attention everywhere where Ingvar Kamprad has joined - the owner of a huge business under the name IKEA.
|minced beef||best home milled
||500 g||1948,7 kcal|
|semi-skimmed milk||can also use skimmed or whole milk||250 ml||113,4 kcal|
|onion||1 piece||80 g||32,9 kcal|
|egg||1 piece||60 g||79,8 kcal|
|crumbs||3/4 of cup||75 g||279,6 kcal|
|allspice||8 pieces||0.4 g||0 kcal|
|grounded black pepper||1/3 tsp||1.3 g||0,1 kcal|
|salt||level tsp||8 g||0,4 kcal|
|cranberries||1/2 teaspoon per serving - for decoration||18 g||11 kcal|
|sunflower oil||for frying 30 - 150 ml||30 ml||249 kcal|
|cake flour||3 tablespoons (for the sauce)||30 g||107,5 kcal|
|butter||5 heaped tablespoons (for the sauce)||80 g||586,6 kcal|
|double cream||to taste 100 - 200 ml (for the sauce)||100 ml||324,6 kcal|
|full fat mustard||1 teaspoon (for the sauce)||10 g||10 kcal|
|broth||about 200 ml as needed (for the sauce)
||200 ml||6,7 kcal|
|napkins||several pieces for the excess oil||0||-|
- Minced meat put into a suitable bowl and add milk. Chop the onion with allspice in a mixing robot. If you want to do it manually chop the onion finely and crush allspice on a cutting board.
- Add salt, black pepper, egg and breadcrumbs, the order does not matter.
- Mix everything and if it is too thin, add more breadcrumbs.
- Soak your hands in water, shape the balls with a diameter of about 2.5 cm, and fry in the oil, of which temperature should not be higher then 120°C.
- Turn them over after 3 minutes.
- After frying, place the meatballs on absorbent wipes.
- When preparing a sauce, make sure the temperature is not higher than 120°C. Starts by melting butter in a suitable sauce pan. After melting add flour and stir for about 30 seconds. Then pour in about 200 ml broth. If you do not have it, use a cube of bouillon which you melt in a boiling water and cook for a minute. (use only 3/4 cube of bouillon - watch out for salinity)
- Cook for 4-5 minutes and then pour in 100-200 ml of cream or whipped cream. The amount depends on whether you use a cream or whipped cream. The more percent of fat it contains, the smaller amount you use.
- Once the sauce begins to bubble at a moderate temperature, after 30 seconds add a teaspoon of mustard, stir, let it boil and add salt if needed.
- If there are lumps in the sauce, strein it.
- 500 g of minced meat put into a suitable bowl...
- add 250 ml of milk...
- add 1 large onion chopped with 8 pieces of allspice...
- add 1 level teaspoon of salt...
- add 1/3 teaspoon of black pepper...
- add 1 egg...
- and 75 g of breadcrumbs... (about 3/4 of a cup)
- mix everything... (add more breadcrumbs if needed)
- shape the balls with wet hands and fry them in the oil... (120°C)
- turn them over after 3 minutes...
- place the meatballs on absorbent wipes...
- melt 5 tbsp of butter... (at a low temperature!!!!)
- add 3 heaping tablespoons of flour...
- stir for about 30 seconds...
- and pour in about 200 ml of broth...
- simmer while stiring constantly for about 4 - 5 minutes at moderate temperature and then pour in 100 - 200 ml of cream or whipped cream...
- after 30 seconds add a teaspoon of mustard, and add salt if needed... (if there are some lumps, strein it)
- serve with mashed potatoes and cranberries...
After much experimentation, we bring a recipe for traditional balls, which we know from the store IKEA. This recipe has been translated from the Swedish website and weight ratios were adjusted to our used grams and milliliters. There are lot of recipies for these meatballs, but in our opinion, this recipe is very close to those of the original, and so much that you do not know the difference....
There is not original IKEA meatballs recipe, so don´t look for it. It is produced by several manufacturers and original recipe is a secret. Even one of the producers added to the meatballs soya, but he somehow failed to mention it among the ingredients on the packaging.