True Ukrainian borsch
Energy 267 kJ (64 kcal) 3 %
Sugar 1.75 g 2 %
Fats 0.97 g 1 %
Saturates 0.18 g 1 %
Sodium 0.323 g 13 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
True Ukrainian borschm can handle everyone.
|smoked meat||to taste||300 g||240,7 kcal|
|potatoes||500 g||379,7 kcal|
|carrot||150 g||63,8 kcal|
|beet-root||180 g||77,4 kcal|
|cabbage white||250 g||65,1 kcal|
|onion||1 piece||80 g||32,9 kcal|
|vegetable bouillon||or meat bouillon - 2 cubes||22 g||56,5 kcal|
|bay leaf||1 piece||0.1 g||0 kcal|
|grounded black pepper||1/3 tsp||1.3 g||0,1 kcal|
|tomato puree||2 tbsp||40 g||41,1 kcal|
|sour cream||2 tbsp + for decoration||40 g||39,7 kcal|
|parsley leaves||for decoration||1 g||0,1 kcal|
- True Ukrainian borsch begins slicing ingredients into suitable pieces, as you can see in our video.
- Into a 5 liter pot put 2.5 liter of water, add smoked meat and potatoes cut into large cubes, carrot into smaller pieces, the beetroot into small cubes about 8 x 8 mm, cabbage cut into noodles and finely chopped onions. Add 2 bouillon cubes, or use one liter of broth, 1 bay leaf, 1/3 teaspoon of black pepper, and 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- Taste, season with salt and cook until everything is soft.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of sour cream, cook for a minute, and we're done.
- On the plate garnish with a spoonful of sour cream and a bit of parsley.
Other soups recipes can be found HERE.
- put 300g of smoked meat into 2,5 l water...
- add 500g potatoes...
- 150g carrot...
- 180g beetroot...
- 250g cabbage...
- 80g onions...
- 2 bouillon cubes...
- 1 bay leaf...
- 1/3 teaspoon of black pepper...
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree...
- taste, season with salt and cook until everything is soft...
- then add 2 tablespoons of sour cream, cook for a minute...
- on the plate garnish with a spoonful of sour cream and a bit of parsley...
The ingredients that just can not miss in borsch are potatoes, cabbage, beets and cream.