French pork pocket with vegetable filling
Energy 748 kJ (179 kcal) 9 %
Sugar 0.6 g 1 %
Fats 14.53 g 21 %
Saturates 1.93 g 10 %
Sodium 0.132 g 5 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
Easy dish, that according to our video can handle even beginners.
|shoulder of pork||as needed||1000 g||1829,5 kcal|
|butter||1 tbsp||16 g||117,3 kcal|
|onion||2 middle sized||120 g||49,3 kcal|
|leek||100 g||41,8 kcal|
|carrot||100 g||42,5 kcal|
|bratwurst||or a red pepper bratwurst||100 g||310 kcal|
|salt||1/2 tsp||4 g||0,2 kcal|
|grounded black pepper||1/2 tsp||2 g||0,1 kcal|
|egg||2 pieces||120 g||159,5 kcal|
|dijon mustard||3 tsp||30 g||48 kcal|
|canned peas||50 g||7,6 kcal|
|sunflower oil||50 ml||415 kcal|
|toothpicks||about 10 pieces||0||-|
|cooking thread||about 4 meters||0||-|
- French pork pocket with vegetable filling starts with rinsing the meat. Cut the meat in half as you can see in the video. Remove the larger parts of fat. You can slightly pound both sides of meat with a mallet to tenderise it.
- Put a tablespoon of butter on a pan, set the temperature to 100°C and add a medium finely chopped onion, 100g leeks, 100g carrots, 100g red pepper bratwursts and simmer for only about 5 minutes.
- The contents of the pan split in a half. Put one half aside, the other half leave in the pan and add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 eggs and mix until firm. Then add 50g peas, which stir gently and do not mash it.
- The slice of meat spread with 3 teaspoons of mustard and add the content of a pan.
- Close the meat with toothpicks. Then tie it with a cooking thread all around and tight gradually.
- Put 50 ml of oil in the pan and fry the meat at the temperature 160°C from all the sides.
- On the bottom of the baking dish put chopped onion, the other half of the vegetable from the pan and on the top put fries meat pocket. Drizzle with a little oil from the pan and pour about 50 ml of water. Cover and put in the oven.
- At a temperature of 180°C bake for an hour, then turn the meat pocket over and bake an additional hour at the same temperature.
- Move the meat on the worktop and remove the cooking thread.
- Cut the meat with a very sharp knife so it will not fall apart.
Other video recipes with pork can be found HERE.