Energy 422 kJ (101 kcal) 5 %
Sugar 17.83 g 20 %
Fats 0.17 g 0 %
Saturates 0.33 g 2 %
Sodium 0 g 0 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
Forget the time when pumpkins simulate pineapple. Compote is excellent not only for decoration of cakes, but also in the cup and for direct consumption.
|pumpkin||diced||1500 g||598,3 kcal|
|crystal sugar||300 g||1203,7 kcal|
|citric acid||2 level tsp||10 g||0,5 kcal|
|vanilla sugar||1 heaping tsp or vanilla flavour - 2 tsp||7 g||28,1 kcal|
|jars||about 5 jars - 375 ml||0||-|
- Cut pumpkin into cubes and place in a suitable pot. Soft parts of course do not use only tough pulp without skin.
- Stir in sugar, citric acid, vanilla sugar and pour water just above the pumpkin.
- After stiring leave it to rest for at least an hour and then cook.
- Cook for about an hour until the cubes start to get transparent. It´s when the pumpkin cubes begin to lose its colour from the edge to the middle. It is not necessary to cook them until completely transparent, the rest will cook during preserving.
- Fill the clean jars immediately while it´s hot, seal and preserve.
- Preservation - preferably in a hot bath at 90° C for 20 minutes. The time starts counting up only after the temperature will reach 90° C.
- After preservation stack jars upside down on a cloth. This way you can check if any of them leaks.
- When completely cooled, you can write any note on it - year of production...
- Preserving pumpkins are suitable not only for direct consumption, but also for cakes and cups decoration.
If you get a pumpkin, or grow it yourself, then making compot is almost free.
Absolutely perfect is preserving electric welding machine, in which you just pour water set the temperature and lthe length of preservation. The machine by itself raises the temperature and when gets the set point of temperature, it starts count the time, automatically switches off and it's done - see photo.
Most injuries are incurred at home. Keep in mind that you are working with hot ingredients, and therefore, be aware and watch children not to get close to the boiling water...nádobu zvrhlo…