Poppy seed sourdough cakes
Energy 1302 kJ (311 kcal) 16 %
Sugar 16.22 g 18 %
Fats 11.69 g 17 %
Saturates 4.48 g 22 %
Sodium 0.006 g 0 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
Poppy seed cakes knows everyone, but they are quite expensive. You can prepare a full bowl of them for a few bucks and they will taste much better than store-bought ones.
|poppy seed||ground (for filling)||100 g||541 kcal|
|granulated sugar||for filling 50g + for dough 100g||150 g||601,9 kcal|
|ground cinnamon||1/2 tsp (for filling)||1 g||1,7 kcal|
|semi-skimmed milk||for filling 150ml + for dough 200ml||350 ml||158,8 kcal|
|yeast||1/2 packet||21 g||21,4 kcal|
|cake flour||500 g||1791,3 kcal|
|egg||2 pieces (only yolks)||50 g||66,5 kcal|
|butter||80 g||586,6 kcal|
|sunflower oil||3 tbsp||21 ml||174,3 kcal|
|powdered sugar||to garnish||20 g||76,6 kcal|
- Into a bowl put ground poppy seeds, sugar and cinnamon. Stir.
- Into smaller pot pour 150 ml of milk and heat it at the temperature of 100°C. Add a poppy seed mixture and cook for about a minute while stirring.
- Warm 200 ml milk and pour about 1/4 into a smaller bowl. Add 1/2 cube of yeast - 21 g, which crumble into the milk and stir a little. Out of 100 g of sugar which you have weighed take 2 teaspoons and add to yeast. Leave in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- Into a suitable bowl put 1/2 kg of flour. Add the rest of sugar, 2 egg yolks, the rest of lukewarm milk, leavened yeast and lukewarm melted butter with the oil.
- Stir into a smooth dough and sprinkle with flour. Cover and let in warm place to rise for about an hour.
- On a floured work top roll out the dough to a thickness of about 6-8 mm.
- Using a cookie cutter cut circles with the size of about 7-8 cm.
- Then press the middle of the cakes and fill them with poppy seed mixture.
- Brush with melted butter and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes. Each oven bakes differently, so keep checking the cakes.
- Finally, decorate with icing sugar.
This amount will do about 26 cakes with a diameter of 8 cm.