Energy 982 kJ (235 kcal) 12 %
Sugar 3.76 g 4 %
Fats 18.02 g 26 %
Saturates 4.3 g 22 %
Sodium 0.383 g 16 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
One of the most popular sauces. Everyone knows it, but what to put in it and in what quantities? From this recipe you will learn everything!
|bouillon cube||2 cubes - or meat broth - about 1.5 liters||26 g||0,8 kcal|
|butter||2 tbsp||32 g||234,6 kcal|
|sunflower oil||2 tbsp
||14 ml||116,2 kcal|
|onion||1 piece||80 g||32,9 kcal|
|allspice||5 pieces||0.16 g||0 kcal|
|bay leaf||2 pieces||0.05 g||0 kcal|
|cake flour||2 tbsp||20 g||71,7 kcal|
|tomato puree||1 package (circa 120 g)||120 g||123,2 kcal|
|thyme||2 pinches||0.05 g||0,1 kcal|
|double cream||to taste||100 ml||324,6 kcal|
|crystal sugar||1 tbsp||12 g||48,1 kcal|
|salt||1/3 tsp to taste||4 g||0,2 kcal|
|gingerbread for grating||as needed||10 g||30,9 kcal|
|ground cinnamon||1/4 tsp||0.5 g||0,8 kcal|
|whole black pepper||5 pieces||0.7 g||0 kcal|
- First, prepare the broth. If you do not have it, bring to a boil 1.5 liters of water and add 2 bouillon cubes. Cook for a minute and the broth is ready.
- In a 5 liter saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add 2 tablespoons oil. This will ensure that the butter will not burn. The temperature throughout the cooking should be 120°C.
- Into the mixture of oil and butter add chopped onion, 2 bay leaves, 5 pieces allspice and the same amount of pepper. Fry the onion for about 3 minutes and then add a tablespoon of sugar. Fry further for about 30 seconds, then add 2 tablespoons of flour. Fry another 30 seconds, then immediately pour the broth.
- Stir well, add 1/3 teaspoon salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the tomato puree, stir well, add 2 pinches of thyme and cook for about a minute.
- Strain everything and return the sauce to the saucepan.
- Gradually thicken with gingerbread. Always add a little (only a tablespoon) and wait about a minute. Then check the density and possibly add some more gingerbread.
- When you are satisfied of density, pour about 100 ml of cream, which softens the sauce.
- Finally taste, add salt and sugar if needed.
- At the very end, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.