Excellent chicken risotto
Energy 885 kJ (211 kcal) 11 %
Sugar 1.23 g 1 %
Fats 10.07 g 14 %
Saturates 2.9 g 15 %
Sodium 0.486 g 20 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
Even if you have never cooked, according to this video you can do an excellent risotto quite handily. It will be not only juicy, but full of spicy vegetable and meat taste.
|rice||2 cups||320 g||1100 kcal|
|chicken thighs||400 - 500 g
||400 g||748 kcal|
|sunflower oil||5 tbsp||35 ml||290,5 kcal|
|onion||2 pieces||160 g||65,8 kcal|
|Chinese seasoning||1 tsp -
||4 g||0,2 kcal|
|curry powder||1/2 tsp||1 g||2,4 kcal|
|lemon juice||2 tbsp||7 ml||5,5 kcal|
|peppers||1 - 2 pieces||120 g||34,4 kcal|
|leek||1/2 (this amount is for 1/4 l of sauce)||150 g||62,7 kcal|
|Eidam cheese||or any other for grating||200 g||685 kcal|
|parsley leaves||for decoration||3 g||0,3 kcal|
|salt||1 tsp||12 g||0,6 kcal|
|sweet ketchup||for decoration||10 g||11 kcal|
- Rinse rice several times and get rid of all impurities that flows on the surface. You can use any kind of rice.
- To the saucepan (the best is 5-liter) put 2 tablespoons of oil and at 120 °C saute one medium chopped onion
- When it gets golden add rinsed rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir it for about 2 minutes.
- Then pour about 1.5 liter of water and stir again.
- Cook the rice until tender, carefully not to overcook. Keep checking water and if needed pour some more. It is better to have more water than any.
- When the rice is cooked, then pour it into a sieve and rinse immediately with cold water until the water is clear.
- In a bowl put chopped meat, Chinese seasoning, curry powder, 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and a level teaspoon of salt. Mix well and leave to marinate at least 15 minutes. But you can leave it for a couple of hours.
- On a heated pan at 120 °C put meat together with marinade and saute stirring occasionally until meat loses color. You can pour a little water, if there isn´t any.
- When all the meat loses color, add chopped onion, peppers and leeks.
- Fry, stirring occasionally for about 7 minutes. Again keep watching so that all water does not evaporate. At the end of cooking there should be about 2 tbsp of water left.
- Then put content of the pan with the remaining liquid into the baking dish or roasting pan, add the well rinsed cooked rice and mix well. Taste, add salt if needed, cover it and move it in the oven.
- Keep warming it at 180 °C for 60 minutes. Rice is in fact cold and it lasts until it gets warm. Do not add a temperature, so a dish stays nice and juicy.
- When serving use a wet scoop - pick risotto, smooth with a spoon and lay it on a plate. Sprinkle with grated cheese and garnish with parsley or chives. Work quickly so that food is still hot enough and the cheese melts.
- Someone even flavors risotto with ketchup, that is up to you.
This recipe took almost 50 hours including filming, photographing, editing and subtitling, but the result is a really excellent guide to an excellent risotto that will satisfy even the most demanding diners. It's a pity just for vegetarians.