Homemade pork jelly
Energy 931 kJ (222 kcal) 11 %
Sugar 0.52 g 1 %
Fats 17.07 g 24 %
Saturates 1.08 g 5 %
Sodium 0.296 g 12 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
You can make any jelly you can want, or use only ingredients you want.
|pork legs||2 pieces||600 g||1205,2 kcal|
|pork knee||1 piece||800 g||2417 kcal|
|fresh vegetable||or frozen||100 g||28,7 kcal|
|whole black pepper||10 balls||0.1 g||0 kcal|
|bay leaf||2 leaves||0.1 g||0 kcal|
|allspice||5 balls||0.16 g||0 kcal|
|salt||1 tsp||12 g||0,6 kcal|
|onion||1 piece for broth and 1 piece for a jelly||160 g||65,8 kcal|
- In the pressure cooker put pork legs, knee and pour two liters of water. Add about 100 grams of fresh or frozen root vegetables - carrots, celery, parsley, to improve a bouillon flavor. Furthermore, 10 peppercorns, 2 pcs bay leaves, allspice 5 balls, a teaspoon of salt and 1 small onion.
- Cook for about 50 minutes, but if the meat is tough, cook it longer. Broth should be at least 1/2 liter. If it´s not, then add some more water and together with meat let it boil.
- Take the meat out and strein the broth. If the vegetable is overcooked take it away and don´t use it, but carrots can still be added.
- Peel the meat off and cut it into small pieces, put it into a suitable bowl, add finely chopped onion and prick with a fork so that there is not much air in it.
- Pour a cooling broth over it, taste and add salt if neede and leave in a cold room and then put it in the fridge.
- The next day cut it into slices and served with vinegar, finely chopped onion and fresh bread. Or just put it on the bread just like that.