Energy 492 kJ (117 kcal) 6 %
Sugar 1.51 g 2 %
Fats 6.58 g 9 %
Saturates 4.09 g 20 %
Sodium 0.41 g 17 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
Mashed potatoes knows everyone, but how to cook it properly and is it healthy? If you are on diet, then reduce the amount of butter to a minimum.
|potatoes||400 g||303,8 kcal|
|onion||2 pieces||160 g||65,8 kcal|
|butter||3 tbsp||48 g||351,9 kcal|
|ground cumin||1/5 tsp||0.4 g||0 kcal|
|salt||1/2 tsp||6 g||0,3 kcal|
- On the appropriate pan melt butter and add the onion cut into wedges. Fry only at about 100°C so the butter will not burn. In this case the induction cookers are excellent because they keep the temperature very accurately and comfortably.
- At this temperature, fry the onion for about 10 minutes. It is ready when it softens and it is turning golden.
- In a suitable pot put the rinsed sliced potatoes, pour cold water about 3 cm above the potatoes and cook until tender.
- Add 1/5 teaspoon cumin. Many chefs, skip this step, but cumin has several advantages. Although, it is not true that it removes poisonous solanine but it overlaps its taste. Cumin is also good against bloating and cramps.
- Next, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and boil potatoes until soft. They are ready when you can cut them very easily with a blunt side of knife.
- Strain the potatoes but leave the water. If you prefer a little thinner potatoes, you may put back a bit of water, or you can use a warm milk.
- Mash the potatoes a little, but not much.
- Stir in the onion from the pan, add one tablespoon of butter and salt to taste.
- Gently stir everything and serve.
- on the pan melt 2 tbsp butter...
- and add a cup of onion cut into wedges... (about 2 onions, 200ml)
- fry only at about 100°C so the butter will not burn...
- the onion is ready when it softens and it is turning golden... (about 10 minutes)
- pour cold water about 3 cm above the potatoes... (400g - 2 servings)
- add 1/5 teaspoon cumin... (it is not true that it removes poisonous solanine but it overlaps its taste, cumin is also good against bloating and cramps)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt and boil potatoes until soft...
- they are ready when you can cut them very easily with a blunt side of knife...
- mash the potatoes only a little...
- and stir in the onion from the pan, add one tablespoon of butter and salt to taste...
- stir gently...
- you can serve it with meat or with anything you like it.../