Pickled Camembert cheese
Energy 1137 kJ (272 kcal) 14 %
Sugar 0.7 g 1 %
Fats 24.11 g 34 %
Saturates 15.01 g 75 %
Sodium 0.939 g 39 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
There is no need to introduce this recipe so you should definitely try it. This appetizer is easy to made even for absolute beginners.
|camembert||7 pieces||700 g||2318,8 kcal|
|onion||1 large||100 g||41,1 kcal|
|garlic||10 - 15 cloves according to size||40 g||43,9 kcal|
|dijon mustard||or full fat - 1 tbsp||10 g||16 kcal|
|mustard seed||1 tsp||5 g||0,2 kcal|
|pickled pepper||4 heaping tsp||20 g||10,6 kcal|
|sweet paprika||2 tsp||8 g||22,6 kcal|
|whole black pepper||10 - 15 pieces||0.2 g||0 kcal|
|allspice||10 pieces||0.2 g||0 kcal|
|bay leaf||4 leaves||0.1 g||0 kcal|
|pickled hot peppers||1 - 2 pieces||50 g||27,9 kcal|
|sunflower oil||according to a glass size||20 ml||166 kcal|
|parsley leaves||dry or fresh - 1 tsp||10 g||0,9 kcal|
|salt||1 tsp||12 g||0,6 kcal|
- Peel the garlic and onion. In a bowl put onion cut into slices and crushed garlic.
- You have a choice to use a dijon mustard or full fat mustard, or a mustard seed. The best is mustard seed as the pickle remains clear, on the other hand dijon mustard has its own distinctive flavor, but the pickle become turbid, but only very slightly, which of course is not a problem, it's just visual.
- If you choose full-fat or dijon mustard then stir it together with sweet paprika and garlic. Add salt only if you use the seed or the full fat mustard. Even though you use mustard, you can use mustard seed for a decoration.
- On the bottom of the glass put a little of onion and spices, and then add cheese stack it closely to each other, but do not press it too hard. Leave a few gaps so that the pickle flows when the glass is upsidedown. On the top leave about 2 inches space so that everything is covered with liquid.
- Finally, pour in the oil and turn it over few times after a while, to remove air bubbles.
- Put in refrigerator for about 7-10 days, and if you can not wait, give it a hug at least in the morning and in the evening, so that the liquid will move, and the flavors would mix better.
The quantity of oil which the camembert is poured with, increases in the quantity of fat in GDA chart to double. But since we do not eat all of the oil, thus serving 100 g contains about half of the fat.
After consumption of cheese, remaining oil can be used to prepare many kinds of food. Oil has of course garlic flavor.