Spicy pub goulash
Energy 616 kJ (147 kcal) 7 %
Sugar 1.19 g 1 %
Fats 10.99 g 16 %
Saturates 0.58 g 3 %
Sodium 0.371 g 15 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
Great goulash with no glutamate or other chemicals. Its spiceness is in your hands.
|lard||2 tbsp||40 g||296,2 kcal|
|onion||4 pieces||250 g||102,7 kcal|
|sweet paprika||2 heaping tsp||10 g||28,2 kcal|
|grounded black pepper||1/4 tsp||1 g||0 kcal|
|dried vegeteble||1 tsp||4 g||11,3 kcal|
|tomato puree||4 heaping tsp||50 g||51,3 kcal|
|shoulder of pork||As needed
||800 g||1463,6 kcal|
|salt||1 tsp||12 g||0,6 kcal|
|marjoram||2 tsp||2 g||0,1 kcal|
|breadcrumbs||3 to 4 tbsp||30 g||69,1 kcal|
|gherkins||5 pieces||200 g||42 kcal|
|chilli pepper||1 to 3 pieces - see instructions||5 g||0,9 kcal|
- Put lard into a pressure cooker and fry finely chopped onions on it until pink.
- Add sweet paprika, black pepper, tomato puree. If you like to improve flavour you can add dried vegetable without salt and glutamate. Work fast otherwise the goulash base gets bitter. Stir, add 150ml of water and pork meat cut into larger dices. Meat will shrink a bit. Add 2 liters of water. Season with salt and marjoram.
- Close the pressure cooker and stew for about 30 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker very carefully. It has about 100°C and according to our findings, these accidents are very frequent .
- Taste the meat to find out if it´s done. If not cook the meat for another few minutes.
- Add in chilli peppers (fresh, pickled or dried). One small chilli makes pleasantly spicy taste, which may even older children. To really hot taste add 3 chillies. Start with a half of chilli and gradually add more to taste. Add diced gherkins.
- Add as much water as much goulash you want to have. Then add a bit more (10%) because water will evaporate during the cooking.
- Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, season to taste. Meat should be done by now. If not, cook further few minutes longer.
- Thicken up the goulash with breadcrumbs (about 3 to 4 tbsp), stir up and cook for about 3 minutes. Add more bradcrumbs if needed.
- Finally add 1 tsp of marjoram, cook for another minute and the spicy pork goulash is ready to serve.
- Serve up as you like – with bread, pastry, dumplings, rice, potatoes or pasta. Sprinkle the top with chopped spring onion.