Home made cheese spread for a quarter price
Energy 552 kJ (132 kcal) 7 %
Sugar 3.79 g 4 %
Fats 10.88 g 16 %
Saturates 1.64 g 8 %
Sodium 0.435 g 18 %
% recommended daily amount for adults (Everything about GDA)
According to this recipe, you will make about 500 grams very cheap and tasty cheese.
|white yogurt||at least 10% fat
||330 g||227,8 kcal|
|double cream||30 - 33% fat||110 ml||357 kcal|
|salt||1/3 tsp||4 g||0,2 kcal|
- Home made cheese spread for a quarter price starts pouring yogurt into a bowl.
- Pour in the cream. For 3 parts yogurt, 1 part cream, so 330 ml yogurt and 110 ml cream.
- Now add salt. Use about 1/3 teaspoon of salt, but if you are not sure, add rather carefully so that the resulting cheese spread is not too salty.
- Mix everything well until salt dissolves.
- The contents of the bowl pour into a sieve, where you have placed a clean cloth or a handkerchief.
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours to drain.
- Cheese store in a fridge in a sealed container. This way it will last for a few days.
You can use different types of plain yogurt. Since each manufacturer uses its own types of bacteria, the taste will be always slightly different, but always really delicious.